Error "The submitted form was invalid"

The Forum Rules, general FAQ and questions or comments about the forum are posted here.

PB
Office Of The Article of furniture
Part Of The Furniture
Posts: 3363
Joined: Sun January 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Error "The submitted form was invalid"

Sometimes, not very often, but seems like every couple of weeks I become

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

when trying to reply to a topic (or start a new 1). I tried a different browser, same outcome. Information technology starts working again afterwards a couple of hours or so.

I noticed that when it happens, the URL contains the session ID, which information technology normally does not.

Does information technology happen to someone else as well?

DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4115
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 six:23 pm
Location: IoW, UK

Re: Error "The submitted grade was invalid"

Post by DavidHart »

Hi,

Not exactly that, but similar intermittent problems e.1000. trying to log out -> 'You lot were not logged out, as the request did not match your session'.

As happens for you, await long enough and everything is back to normal.

I don't understand what goes wrong, and (2 months ago) I couldn't find anything similar in the phpBB forum.

Regards,

David

PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture
Posts: 3363
Joined: Sun January 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: Error "The submitted form was invalid"

Postal service by Lead »

I am sorry I forgot to write that the error displays in carmine above the edit for the post body. Never experienced the upshot e with logging out.

There is a couple of threads about this event on phpBB support forums, such every bit this or this.

When it happens I practise not think I do something differently not I experience bug with other web sites. Just every bit suggested in 1 of the threads linked above, I volition try clearing cookies: suddenly having an SID in the URL may point something went wrong with them.

I guess I see the issue more often as I spend manner too much time here.

Nick
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:50 am

Re: Error "The submitted course was invalid"

Mail by Nick »

The submitted class was invalid. Try submitting again.

This fault is beingness repeated many times! Does not work articulate cookies, restart browser, change browser.
The Forum wasn't like this before!
When that happened today, I had to reboot the router included.
At this indicate when trying to answer a post, information technology happened again.
Sometimes it merely works once again, without even doing anything!
This is looking similar a BUG

DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4115
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:23 pm
Location: IoW, Britain

Re: Error "The submitted form was invalid"

Post by DavidHart »

I noticed yesterday and before today that clicking 'Mark topics read' in a subforum seemed to work at the time, simply a afterward refresh marked the same posts Unread. It'south resolved now.

It happened to me as well, effectually noon CEST.

I too have noticed that noon is a common time for these problems, and that they tend to resolve in around an hour. I wonder if it'south an issue with the timezone and/or Daylight Saving setting, which for me is currently UTC+1.

PB
Office Of The Article of furniture
Part Of The Furniture
Posts: 3363
Joined: Lord's day Jan 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: Fault "The submitted form was invalid"

Mail past PB »

CEST = UTC + 2. IIRC, it happened couple of minutes before (my) apex. Not sure if I tried later the apex but before i pm.

But this time it was unlike that in the OP as dissimilar that time, I was getting logged out. Tried clearing the cookies, no change.

Nick
Earned some expert credits
Earned some good credits
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:fifty am

Re: Mistake "The submitted form was invalid"

Post by Nick »

For me information technology's happening at 19:15 my time zone is -3. Exactly now is the 13th fourth dimension I've tried to post

Trouble also with Login, because information technology doesn't work without checking remember
Logout doesn't piece of work either, I can but log off the forum past clearing the cookies
Image

Problem with the notifications too! Clicking on it does not lead to the forum page.
Before all this worked without problems!

Nick
Earned some skillful credits
Earned some good credits
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:l am

Re: Error "The submitted course was invalid"

Post by Nick »

possibly this problem may take something to do with Login, again information technology happened and it may have been because I logged in from a thread rather than from the forum home folio.

Every time I log in, I tin can't log out! Information technology is now 5am. Not even switching the IP works.

That sounds like something to do with cookies, or with the login arrangement. That doesn't log in correctly, which would justify not beingness able to log out.

DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4115
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:23 pm
Location: IoW, U.k.

Re: Fault "The submitted form was invalid"

Postal service by DavidHart »

I too accept noticed that noon is a mutual fourth dimension for these issues

Today I had problems at 0800, which had resolved by 0930; so the daylight-saving idea is probably wrong.

catalin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Midweek November 12, 2008 7:23 am
Location: Romania

Re: Error "The submitted form was invalid"

Post by catalin »

PB wrote: ↑Tue May 05, 2020 11:57 am

The submitted course was invalid. Try submitting again.

when trying to respond to a topic (or start a new one). I tried a unlike browser, aforementioned result.

This is now happening to me since yesterday when attempting to respond to a topic. The sid value in the accost url keeps changing after every click on 'Preview' and 'Submit'; that looks wrong. ...Simply for this topic there is no sid in the address bar and it looks like information technology's working but fine even at the starting time attempt.

Rob190
In need of some credit
In need of some credit
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 eight:xx pm

Re: Error "The submitted grade was invalid"

Post by Rob190 »

Happened to me just now. Nothing worked, not even posting to the admins. It also appears my account was deleted to had to re-register. No matter. Dorsum now.

Rob.

Tony0945
Earned some proficient credits
Earned some good credits
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed October 21, 2009 4:02 pm
Remdul
Earned a modest fee
Earned a small fee
Posts: fourteen
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 ten:xiv pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Error "The submitted form was invalid"

Mail past Remdul »

I as well had this event, after loging in an hour ago afterwards some months (years) since last login (with same system/browser considering it remembered my login settings).

I fixed it by clearing my browser cookies for forums.wxwidgets.org !

I think this may be a phpBB3 issue with cookies settings.